Humminbird Helix 10 Chirp MEGA SI+ GPS G4N Review
Many people are very dedicated to fishing, and for them fish finder is an accurate device. Various types of fish finders with different features are available in the market. One such fish finder is Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI+ G4N, which is gaining immense popularity among the people who often do fishing.
The Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N is a very helpful fish finder for people who are very serious about fishing. It is loaded with the best technology and upgraded features.
This fish finder has a widescreen display, great features, and other essentials required for a good fishing experience. The resolution of this device is very high, which is helpful for the users.
Helix 10 Overview
The Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N is a 10.1 inches wifi fish finder with a large screen. The measurement of this tool is 19.25 x 12.75 x 10.25 inches. The product may appear bulky, but it weighs very little, about 5lbs. It is travel-friendly and convenient to use. One can carry it anywhere and place it at any place.
It has the newest technology and upgraded features like premium charts, GPS navigation, and other useful applications. One can easily navigate this device without any problem. Various upgrades and improvements have also been made to this device, as per the customers’ demand.
Humminbird Helix 10 Pros & Cons
- A wide display of 10 inches is provided. The screen shows the reading well, no matter whether it is in bright sun or dark night.
- 360-degree imaging is one of the best qualities of this device. It can show images from any angle, images till 150 feet on both sides of the boat, that is, 300 feet in total, can be displayed at this device.
- Underwater features can be easily monitored by this fish finder, and it keeps changing images fast so that the person can know when the fish enters or leave the area.
- External support of map is provided in this device, which helps the person to navigate easily.
- The quality of images is enhanced in this device, and a much better image than before is displayed.
- The dual spectrum mode, which is the wide and narrow mode, helps the user to find fish fast, as the wide mode covers a wider area and shows the image, and once the user gets to know where the fish is, they can switch to narrow mode and get a clearer picture of it.
- Side imaging helps to navigate the fish on either side of the boat. To get side imaging, beams are shot, and then a person knows about the nearby fishes. Various options as per the frequency are available.
- Down imaging facility is also provided in this fish finder, and it gives the images of the objects present below the boat. MEGA Down Imaging+ is regarded as the best in terms of providing the clearest image.
- GPS navigation, with various charts, is included in the fish finder, which is very helpful for the user. The GPS navigation is very accurate and helps the users to know about the locations.
- AutoChart Live support is provided on the device, enabling the user to map out the features of their fishing spot. The device allows eight hours of recording, but one can insert an SD card to increase the memory.
- The only con is the price tag of this fish finder. The Humminbird Helix 10 is expensive, but the qualities offered justifies it.
Helix 10 Specs
|Specifications||HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N|
|Display Size – Diagonal||10.1″ Inches|
|Display Pixel Matrix||1024H x 600V|
|Sonar-Standard||Dual Spectrum CHIRP, MEGA Down Imaging+, MEGA Side Imaging+|
|Sonar-Coverage||20°, 42°, 60°, (2) 86° & (2) 55° @ -10dB|
|Sonar-Optional||50 kHz, 50/Low Airmar CHIRP|
|CHIRP – Frequencies||Full Mode (150-220 kHz), Narrow Mode (180-240 kHz), Wide Mode (140-200 kHz)|
|Sonar-Frequencies||50/83/200/455/800 kHz & 1.2 MHz|
|Depth-Sonar||1,200 ft (standard transducer), 3,500 ft (optional 50 kHz)|
|CHIRP – Imaging-Frequencies Supported||455 kHz DI+ (435-535 kHz), 455 kHz SI+ (405-505 kHz), 800 kHz DI+ (800-860 kHz), 800 kHz SI+ (780-840 kHz), MEGA DI+ (1100-1200 kHz), MEGA SI+ (1050-1175 kHz)|
|Depth-Down Imaging||125 ft (800 kHz), 200 ft (MEGA), 400 ft (455 kHz)|
|Range-Side Imaging (Side-To-Side)||800 ft (455 kHz), 250 ft (800 kHz), 400 ft (MEGA)|
|Power Output RMS||1000 Watts|
|Power Input||10.8-20 VDC|
|GPS Chartplotting & Trackplotting||Included|
|Transducer Included||XM 9 HW MSI T|
|Features||Bluetooth, Built In GPS, Built In Mapping, Down Imaging, Dual Spectrum CHIRP, MEGA Imaging+, Networking, Side Imaging, Wi-Fi|
|MEGA Live Compatibility||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Years (limited)|
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N Features
Check few important features of Helix 10 Fishfinder:
Display and Resolution
A display of 10-inch, along with 16:9 display ratio, is provided. The resolution is 1024-by-600 HD. The device is extremely bright, about 1500 nits. All these features are helpful for the users while fishing.
The Humminbird Helix offers 360° imaging, which helps the anglers to see things around the boat. It shows about 300 feet, that is, 150 feet on each side of the boat. The image keeps on updating frequently so that the person can know when the fish enters or leaves the region of the fish finder.
Dual Spectrum CHIRP
The facility of dual spectrum CHIRP is provided in this device. One can either use wide mode or narrow mode, as per their convenience. The quality of the image is reduced in wide mode, but a larger area is displayed. Once a person gets the desired location to check, they should switch to narrow mode to get a clearer picture.
Side imaging is provided in the Humminbird Helix 10, which is about 20% more detailed than other fish finders. Inside imaging, images of the left and right of the boat are displayed. To get the best image, high frequency is used.
Like side imaging, down imaging is also available, which covers the area below the boat. One can know what is around their boat, using this technique. The images of down imaging are mostly clear, and MEGA Down Imaging+ shows the clearest images. A person can choose from various frequencies like 125 feet at 800kHz, 200 feet with MEGA, and 400 feet at 455kHz, which are available options.
The GPS navigation of this device helps to track the location correctly and connects you directly to Humminbird basemap. Charts of about 10,000 lakes of the USA are included in it. A clear picture of nearby places with underwater terrain is also given. The Humminbird GPS also tells about hazards, day markers, and other things. One can also get connected to premium chats.
AutoChart Live facility provided by the Humminbird Helix 10 helps the person to map out the features. It includes map contours, fish, hardness of sea bottom, and other features. The device allows recording for 8 hours, but one can use an SD card to expand it.
The Humminbird Helix 10 has all the latest technological advancements. It has the best MEGA scanning feature and offers clear images. It has a large display of 10 inches, which shows visible readings in bright light and dark night. This device is a one-time investment, and would last long. You won’t regret buying this fish finder because it is best for people dedicated to fishing.
The features like GPS navigation, side imaging, auto chart live facility, etc., make it very useful for the people dedicated to fishing. This fish finder is very accurate and shows very clear images of the substances floating near the user’s boat. The wide mode and narrow mode help to know the exact location of the fish. This device is available both online and offline, and people can easily purchase it.
Hey there, Patrick here. The Guy behind this blog.
My first fishing experience started when I was 11 years old, fishing for breams in my local lake at home.
In the years following, the hobby turned almost into a full-time pursuit, often requiring the travel of the country to discover new fishing grounds. I enjoy catching pike and king salmon the most.
I have started this blog to share my experience and knowledge about fishing and fishing equipment.
I hope you enjoy my blogs. Wish you good reading..
- Lowrance Elite 9 Ti2 Review 2021
- Humminbird Helix 10 Chirp MEGA SI+ GPS G4N Review
- Best Portable Fish Finders of 2021
www.bestfishfindersguide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com