Simrad Go9 XSE Review
Simrad Yachting has been around in the market for more than 60 years now. It has been a specialist in marine technology and has been one of the leading manufacturers in this market.
The Simrad brand is part of the Navico family of companies and produces many useful and cutting-edge products like navigation systems, chart plotters, fish finders, radar systems, GPS devices, autopilots, and many other marine technology products.
They also make other top-of-the-line products for use in various boats like powerboats and sailboats and cabin cruisers and yachts.
The products that Simrad manufactures are well-built and excellent in regards to user-friendliness for those who enjoy boating as an infrequent recreational activity and professional mariners with years of experience behind them.
Simrad Yachting is to date a renowned and well-loved company for all kinds of marine technology like GPS, radar, inland and open water sonar, and so on.
Simrad Go9 XSE Overview
The Simrad Go9 XSE (Extended Sonar Edition) is among the leading fish finders today used by most boating enthusiasts. It is also one of the best products that the Simrad company offers.
Brand: Simrad | Model: GO | Our Score: 8.8/10
This device has many special and high-grade features, which makes it completely satisfactory for any professional mariners and explorers who may want to use it. It is perfect for larger boating vessels and center consoles.
Since it is user-friendly and simple to operate, it can very well be used by beginners at boating and even those using such a device for the first time.
Simrad Go9 XSE Pros & Cons
- The screen is bright enough, which makes the device easy to see even if there is a bright light above you. You will not have to change angles to view the screen.
- There are two slots for memory cards. You can use 32GB cards and increase the device’s storage immensely, allowing space for installing the most number of maps.
- Excellent mapping is possible due to insight Maps installed in the product and the unique GPS.
- Simrad Go9 works with HALO Sonars. These impressive sonars are very efficient at reading storm signals and collect other data from a distance of up to 24 nautical miles
- The option of Screen Mirroring allows the user to walk around the boat and still use the fish finder on their smartphone. It has the facility to change the view or course easily.
- The product works with Satellite weather modules like the WM-3 SiriusXM, which has a very easy installation method.
- The fish finder is compatible with radar which offers a 360° view of the surroundings and helps in avoiding a collision with any object present in the water.
- It allows controlling of some functions wirelessly by connecting them to other devices.
- The device supports multiple sets of maps and allows you to view several maps simultaneously.
- The product is fully touchscreen which allows it to offer a wide range of functions and makes the device easier to use.
- It has a good user interface. The screen is always attractive to look at, and there are colorful and large icons for all its functions.
- The fish finder has an IPX7 rating for water resistance. It can withstand exposure to water for a long time, and the touchscreen works well even if there is water on its surface.
- Simrad Go9 does not have any physical buttons. It is fully touchscreen which may make it difficult to use for some people.
- The product does not provide Genesis live updates.
Simrad Go9 XSE Specs
|Specifications||Simrad Go9 XSE|
|Screen Size||9″ Inch|
|Display Resolution||480 x 800 pixels|
|Display Type||WVGA Color TFT LCD|
|Weight||1.315 kg (2.9 lbs)|
|Sonar Frequency||83/200 kHz 2D|
|Transducer Included||Transom Mount/Trolling Motor|
|Imaging||2D, Down Imaging, Side Imaging|
|Transmit Power||1,000W RMS|
|Supply Voltage||10 – 17 V DC|
|Power Consumption||12 W (20 W max)|
|Sonar Compatibility||Integrated CHIRP / DownScan / ForwardScan. Single 9 Pin Xsonic Connector|
|Warranty||2 Year Limited|
Simrad Go9 XSE Features
Display and Resolution
Its measurements are 9.56 by 6.71 by 3.26 inches, and it weighs approximately 3 pounds. It has a 9-inch screen which is ideal for both large and medium-sized vessels. The screen has a resolution of 480×800 WVGA that provides extremely clear images. The display is bright and at 1200 nits and can be viewed clearly from anywhere.
User Interface and Touchscreen
The screen operates by touch and works well even if the screen is wet. It allows the user to see up to four views at the same time that makes it easy to see everything you want
The device can be paired with your smartphone, and the view can be mirrored on it through a wireless connection.
It has a GPS that works at 10Hz, works as quickly as lightning, and provides information about your movement in real-time.
It comes installed with Insight Maps that provides a vast amount of information about various lakes and rivers.
It comes with extra space for memory storage and allows the user to insert two memory cards into the device together.
CHIRP and Halo Sonar
It works with CHIRP sonar and Halo sonars and makes it very easy to locate fish deep below the surface of the water.
StructureScan & ForwardScan
It offers StructureScan sonar, which enables the user to use Down, Side, or Forward Scan, which are immensely helpful for viewing all kinds of objects.
Alternatives to Go9 XSE
There are some alternatives from Simrad that you could consider.
1. Simrad Go5 XSE
This one is a smaller model than Go9. It does not have all the features but has almost the same core functions that Simrad Go9 XSE fulfills. This is an affordable alternative to it.
2. Simrad Go7 XSE
It is similar to Go9 and has almost every feature, including the screen with four views and sonar support. It is cheaper than Go9 and is almost exactly like it except for a slightly smaller-sized screen.
Read our Simrad Go7 XSE Review for more detail.
3. Lowrance Elite 9 Ti2
This is a good and strong fish-finding device with amazing features like a screen of 9 inches and a splendid resolution. It works on both physical buttons and a touch-responsive screen. Moreover, FishReveal displays where fish are located exactly.
Read our Lowrance Elite 9 Ti2 Review for more detail.
Simrad Go9 XSE is the perfect product to go for if you desire a big screen of nine inches. It has very good features and fulfills the functions of charting new courses and locating the position of fish.
Your level of experience and familiarity with this kind of product does not matter because you will find this useful if you are setting foot in a boat for the first time or have been in this profession for decades.
The above thorough review shows that this product is one of the leading devices for all kinds of boats. It is multi-functional and cutting-edge and is worth checking out.
Best Kayak Fish Finders of 2021
Hey there, Patrick here. The Guy behind this blog.
My first fishing experience started when I was 11 years old, fishing for breams in my local lake at home.
In the years following, the hobby turned almost into a full-time pursuit, often requiring the travel of the country to discover new fishing grounds. I enjoy catching pike and king salmon the most.
I have started this blog to share my experience and knowledge about fishing and fishing equipment.
I hope you enjoy my blogs. Wish you good reading..
- Best Kayak Fish Finders of 2021
- Best Ice Fishing Fish Finders of 2021
- Simrad Go9 XSE Review
- Humminbird Helix 12 Review
- Simrad Go7 XSE Review
www.bestfishfindersguide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com